Support : Email: Configuring
We currently recommend Thunderbird. It is available for Windows, MAC, and *nix.
It fits well with our services and features. It is robust and well supported. It is also open source and free of
charge (we try to restrict our recommendations to open source software).
However, we are standards based and so any standards based mail client should work without issue with us. In
fact, considering Eudora 8 is Thunderbird, obviously Eudora 8, Mozilla, and SeaMonkey work great as well. Apple
Mail, Outlook, TheBat!, quite a varied multitude of mail clients are run by our users.
Below are settings you'll need if you choose to configure your own client as well as links to configuration instructions
submitted by our users for other popular clients:
- POP3 - mail.cotse.net port 110
- POP3s - mail.cotse.net port 995
- IMAP - mail.cotse.net port 143
- IMAPs - mail.cotse.net port 993
- SMTP - www.cotse.net ports 25, 587, or 2525
- SMTPs - www.cotse.net port 465
- SMTP requires authentication
- All services also available TLS
User contributed setup instructions for other e-mail clients:
If you would like to add to this list, please send client configuration HOWTOs to helpdesk
If using Firefox with Thunderbird/Eudora/Seamonky/Mozilla for e-mail client, you
may want to disable dns prefetching.